We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
3D Model Importer
The custom model importer allows you to import your own 3D models into Tabletop Simulator.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- All models must be combined as one object for each .obj file.
- It’s a good idea to triangulate your models before importing them
- The Texture Image is the diffuse texture for whatever Material type chosen.
- Material type changes the shader of the material and the sounds the object makes.
- Type just controls how the object handles, some objects in the game have special properties (ex, figurines always right themselves up when picked up)
Collision[edit | edit source]
- If you do not specify a Custom Mesh Collider .obj, then the game will calculate a box collider to fit your object.
- Custom Mesh Collider is just a way for you to have a collider that isn’t a box. It’s best to use a simplified version of your model with less than 255 triangles.
- The reason is must have bellow 255 triangles is a an engine limitation on the complexity of a collision collider.
- If you model is already sufficiently low poly enough you can use the same for the Custom Mesh Collider.
- You should only use a Custom Mesh Collider if a box collider will not work, due to performance (Box Collider is much more optimized in the physics engine)
Non-convex Collider[edit | edit source]
- Non-convex checkbox allows you to have collision work with objects like the Chinese Checkers board which has indents in the board.
- Convex colliders will fill in any indents or holes in the collider due to how it calculates the collider
- The problem with Non-convex objects is that they do not collide with each other, so as I said above it’s best only used on a complex board.